Thursday, January 20, 2011

Things husbands are good for...

1. warming up cold feet. Where are the warm legs when I'm trying to warm up my toes at night?
2. shoveling driveways. Aren't we setting some kind of record for snow in January!?
3. having someone to laugh with. Chico and Sophie playing with the laser pointer just isn't as funny when I'm the only one laughing.
4. answering the door. A single woman can't be too cautious. It might be a serial killer. Darn you Criminal Minds!
5. picking up milk on the way home. I always forget until I'm home, even with reminders.
6. carrying heavy things. I want to buy cat litter in bulk, but I can't get the bag upstairs without giving myself a hernia.
7. making things better after a bad day. Sometimes I just need to be told that it will all be OK.
8. zipping up dresses. Those back zippers are very challenging with only one pair of hands.
9. driving. I'm definitely a rider, always have been.
10. putting air in tires. Do I need new tires? I don't know. I can't even get the right oil change.

I can do these things on my own, but having to do them without Sky, endears him to me even more. Can't wait for him to come home :)

6 comments:

  1. Good list. You're right, I never appreciate the little things Nathan does for me until he's gone for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice list, Sarah Lynn! These are perfect;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to everything you listed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love number 1! But Dustin hates being my foot warmer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you forgot how good I am at doing the dishes! (For those of you that don't know, I'm full of shit). And how about embarrassing you in public? if I make a list of less desirable traits, will you miss me less?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I won't appreciate you any less. I love the entire package :)

    ReplyDelete